2020 life in the pandemic era photography competition aims at visually exploring the pandemic lifestyles. The aim of the event is not only to create social awareness around the pandemic, and display every individuals’ lives and emotions through the photography submissions, but also to capture these exceptional and unprecedented moments through a broad range of stories.
Entries will be judged by a distinguished international panel. The jury will select three winners for each category (Hold together and help each other, A new normal life, Our home during the pandemic). There will also be a public award giving to the artwork in which has the most votes from the public.
Submitted photographs may be used for event promotion purpose and used in a series of online/offline exhibitions, contributing to further develop the social awareness of this pandemic.
- This Competition is open to residents of Europe，the UK，Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or above.
- It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions. If the errant pass the preliminary stage of the competition, we would ask the errant to provide the image files in TIF/RAW format. If the TIF/RAW format can not be provided, the errant may disqualified from the competition.
- The entry must be relevant to the chosen category with a positive content. The images must be taken in Europe and the UK between 01/01/2020 and 15/01/2021.
- There is only one entry route to this competition: the entry is only valid by submitting on the submission page of web link. Submissions by email or on paper will not be accepted. Each entrant can only submit up to 3 images and each image file must be submitted in JPG format (no more than 5MB) and can be in either color or black and white. If the errant pass the preliminary stage of the competition, we would ask the errant to provide the image files in TIF/RAW format. If the TIF/RAW format can not be provided, the errant may disqualified from the competition. Entrants should include their own name, address, telephone number, category, shooting location, shooting equipment, image title and description (no more than 300 words)
- Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete， defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. Entries not complying with the rules will be disqualified and not be judged.
- Contacting / lobbying of judges and award administrators/advisors and manipulate the public votes will result in immediate disqualification from this competition.
- The content of the submitted image must not be altered. Only retouching which conforms to currently accepted standards in the industry is allowed. The jury is the ultimate arbiter of these standards and may at its discretion request the original, unretouched original file.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have submitted to and/or won a prize in any other photography competition worldwide. Images submitted must not be submitted in to any other photographic competition worldwide until the publication of the results of this competition.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit which include an identifiable person have been taken with the permission of the person pictured and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must ensure that the images they are submitting are their own work and that they own the copyright for the images. This includes, but is not limited to the documented consent of identifiable third parties (model release form), where applicable. All legal liabilities and losses caused by the above-mentioned infringement shall be borne by the errants.
- GUANG HUA MEDIA UK LTD accepts no liability and provides no indemnity to entrants against claims by a third party for violation of their alleged rights in any photograph submitted for the competition. In the event of a claim, the entrant (copyright owner) must reimburse GUANG HUA MEDIA UK LTD for any costs and expenses incurred by GUANG HUA MEDIA UK LTD in defending its case – including any attorney and court fees, as well as any associated damages and penalties.
- The entrant agrees to be identified as the photographer on the internet, and to provide information about him/her and the photograph(s). Copyright of all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, by submitting the images to this competition, each entrant declares that he or she is not violating any third-party rights and grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to GUANG HUA MEDIA UK LTD to feature any or all of the submitted images and errants’ names, image description and title in any of their publications, their websites, their social media，any promotional online/offline materials linked to this competition and/or this competition’s partners social channels, websites, publications for the promotional purpose of this competition.
- The errant’s logo, mark, watermark, name or signature should not appear anywhere on the submitted images. The image must have no borders. Each image must have a unique title.Winners must receive their prizes (camera vouchers) within two months after the award ceremony and announcement. The voucher must be redeemed no later than 01/06/2021. Change cannot be given if tendered for an amount less than the value of the voucher. The voucher cannot be exchanged for cash and can only be used for purchasing camera and/or camera equipment. Lost，stolen or expired vouchers cannot be refunded. The GUANG HUA MEDIA (UK) LIMITED reserves the right to award prizes to winners and winners must provide their personal details to the GUANG HUA MEDIA (UK) LIMITED as required to redeem the prize.
- Once the images are submitted, errants will be deemed to agree to the above terms, and all legal responsibilities caused by errants personal violation of the above terms shall be borne by the errants themselves.
- GUANG HUA MEDIA UK LTD has the right to disqualify errant from participating in the competition at any time, provided that the competition organizer reasonably believes that the person (1) violated the official competition rules; (2) violated the terms of using the platform; Or (3) Malicious behavior, anti-competitive behavior, destructive behavior, or behavior that intentionally disrupts, abuses, intimidates or harass others.
- GUANG HUA MEDIA UK LTD will comply with the GDPR rules. All information provided will be held securely and will only be used for the purpose for which it was submitted.
- GUANG HUA MEDIA UK LTD reserves the right of final interpretation of the event and the rights to suspend, cancel or modify this competition at any time.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.